Here are the main points that we should take from this month’s Pure Beauty Magazine: By Eloise Bell
- Estee Lauder Companies have collaborated with the Fashion Retail Academy for the first time to launch an accredited 6 month management programme. It is designed to give the beauty retail, counter or business managers the knowledge and skills to manage high volume accounts and work in multi-touch point consumer environment. Head of HR for the UK & Ireland, Rebecca Day is very proud of this unique opportunity.
- Superdrug encouraged customers across the UK to save money by swapping branded beauty items for Superdrug’s own brand products. The own brand products were highlights in stores as ‘Swap and Save’. Independent research commissioned by Superdrug has shown consumers can save up to £150 a year by making a ‘swap’ on their everyday beauty items and toiletries.
- Boots is due to revamp its stores over the coming year. Anna Murphy, Commercial Director at Boots announced plans for updates stores and services across the UK. ”We’re going to create an omni-channel environment for beauty.”
Whats new in skin care?
- Dirty Works Cucumber Eye Pads
- Elizabeth Arden – Flawless Future Powered by Ceramide Night Cream
- Melvita – Bourbon Geranium Floral Water
- Bioderma – new skin care range to reduce the visibility of brown spots
What’s new in fragrance?
- Jimmy Choo Illicit
- The Perfume Society, Hidden Treasure Discovery Box Set
- Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge
- Dead of Night (by model Helena Christensen)
What’s new in make-up?
- Bobbi Brown – Telluride Collection
- Lipstick Queen And All That Jazz
- Kiss Cosmetics – Sheer Stick
- Too Face Born This Way Foundation
What’s new in hair care?
- Jack Black
- Fudge Urban Hair Art
- FISH – 5 New styling products for men
- Superdrug Hair Care Range
What’s new in body care?
- Jo Malone – Geranium & Walnut Body Scrub
- Noble Isle – new Whisky & Water bath and shower gel
- Senspa – relaxing body powder
- Legology Sun-Lite Lingerie for Legs
Natural and Organic Products:
FICTION: There is a Universal definition of what is a natural and organic product- it can be difficult to tell the difference. Organic is easier to define because it is based on the fact a product has been organically grown without the use of pesticides etc.
FICTION: A product labelled organic is always 100% organic – if the product has 95% organic ingredients written on the packaging it does not mean that it is 100% organic as there is 5% of non-organic ingredients, if a product says it is 100% natural this does not mean it is 100% organic.
FACT: Today’s consumers expect more from natural and organic products – consumers expect natural and organic products not only to be 100% natural and organic but to perform as well if not better than non-organic products.
FICTION: Natural and Organic beauty is not influenced by trends – the emergence of new and natural and organic trends in key ingredients such as coconut oil and manuka honey to name a few.
Meet the Buyer at Gruchy department store, Jersey, Samantha Nesbitt:
- Completed a Consumer Studies degree, whilst working in a buying role, she completed a MCIPS through the Charted Institute of Purchasing And Supply.
- You need to be passionate about the beauty industry in order to keep up to date with emerging trends, communications and negotiation skills are also essential and the ability to make commercial decisions in order to become a successful Buyer.
- Gruchy has a loyal customer base in Jersey and a large number or tourist, Gruchy strives to give an enjoyable shopping experience. They have a unique mix of premium skin care, colour and fragrance.
- Aim to provide an interesting mix of products that will appeal to all customers. The main premium beauty and fragrance brands are essential but also important to include niche and new brands to create a diverse range.
- Sometimes Gruchy arrange meetings with or receiving information from brands then view a brand presentation, next they review samples then meet the brand to discuss the range, margins, promotional activity etc.
- Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush and Beyond Perfecting La Prairie Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster, YSL Fusion Ink, Tom Ford Velvet Orchid perform well in store.
- Gruchy are excited about their new look beauty hall being launched in May 2016 and Lipstick Queen has just arrived in store and the only store in Jersey to stock-list this.
- Gruchy is part of COPRA- “an invaluable networking forum, a great way to share opportunities, ideas and trends”