Pure Beauty Magazine Review May 2015
Here is Eloise’s review of this month’s Pure Beauty Magazine:
- Glamour and feelunique.com are collaborating to create ‘Glamour Beauty Boutique’ which will be an online service providing readers with a relevant and useful place for readers to shop, this summer.
- Founder of latestsinbeauty.com Nort Janssen spotted a gap in the market with this new site, customers can try new beauty products before buying they can then build their own ‘box’ or select new products from preselected collections. The idea is to make customers repeat purchase products they have grown to love.
Battle of the brands: 50 most Valuable Glabal Cosmetics Brands of 2015
- 1.L’Oreal Paris
- 7.Estee Lauder
Brands that dropped off the list this year:
- La Roche-Posay
- Elizabeth Arden – a slumped in Justin Beiebers fragrance has been blamed for this.
Brands to watch:
- K- Pop – massive in Asia and South Korea
- Sulwhasoo – highest ranked South Korean brand
Hera and Laneige both owned by parent company AmorePacific which is behind the cushion foundation technology which is expected to take off in the coming months.
Meet the buyer at feelunique.com:
A few interesting points from Nigel Lawson, Commercial Director at feelunique.com
- He jumped at the chance to join feelunique.com because e-commerce is the fastest growing part of the beauty industry.
- Communication is key to understand the brands aims and to communicate what you want as a retailer, selling the business to the brands and to the customer
- Feelunique has over 500 brands with over 20,000 products.
- They have a wish list of brands that they would like on the site and consistently engage with them.
- They test and assess products vigorously in terms of whether they fill the gap in their range and whether consumers want to buy them.
- Being digital = fast turnarounds and reactions to new trends and situations quickly
- Brows and contouring are 2 key make up trends right now.
- Interesting launches in Korea related to skin care diagnostic tools and treatments that would bring skin clinics to home
- There is a brand management team who deal directly with suppliers
- A team focused on supply and stock management
- Pricing analysts as pricing is crucial online
- Online team to associate with shop managers, they decide what the customer sees when they visits the site
- Feelunique is part or COPRA (Cosmetic and Perfumery Retailers Association) networking events for members are great for acquiring brands.