Pure Beauty November 2015 Issue: By Eloise Bell
Here are the main points that we should take from this month’s Pure Beauty Magazine:
What’s new in skin care?
- Elizabeth Arden – Ceramide Replenishing Cleansing Oil
- Red Anchor Shave Oil for men
- OM Skincare
- Carol Joy – Pure Collagen Spray
What’s new in fragrance?
- 007 Fragrances – Seven
- Hugo Boss – Boss The Scent
- Vince Camuto – Bella
- Yardley – Body Sprays
What’s new in make-up?
- OPI – 12 new shades to the infinite Shine range
- No7 – The Match Made Moisture Drench Lipsticks
- Rimmel London – The only 1 lipstick
- Bobbi Brown – The Greige Eye Palette
What’s new in hair care?
- Percy & Reed – Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Cleanse & Nourish
- Toni&Guy – Sky High Volume and Express Reboost Dry Shampoos
- Scott Cornwall – Precolour Protein Spray
- Davines – More Inside Texturizer Spray
What’s new in body care?
- Marili Skincare – Children’s bath and body range
- Neom – Limited Edition, Three Nights of Peace Set
- Aromatherapy Associates – Clear Mind Bath & Shower Oil
- Accessorize – The Sweet Lotus collection
Meet the Buyer, Sarah Edwards, Debenhams Cosmetics Senior Operations Manager:
- Sarah joined Debenhams as a Personnel Manager after 10 years she found she had an interest for cosmetics, a role became available in head office to manage staffing budget and since then her role has evolved.
- You have to be able to know what’s going on in store and be a good negotiator to do this job.
- Team of 40 all working together to achieve the same goals.
- Stores offer a fun environment, good brand standout, less is more, exclusive brands such as Make-up Forever, Too Faced, The Balm and Cargo.
- Currently trialling different skin care brands in stores to be innovative and excite the cosmetic customers.
- Sarah is excited about the Bagsy brand to be launched in the small premium brands area, if successful the brand will be considered to be made into a counter space.
- Make- up is really strong and Sarah believes it is going to fly even more so. Debenhams brow bars are really important for their stores as they really engage and excite customers.
- Make-up products definitely perform best at Debenhams, however fragrance is exciting with the new launches of Marc Jacobs, Decadence, BOSS THE SCENT, and Sauvage by Dior have been amazing.
- Brands need to be innovative, they need to have the ‘wow factor’ as there simply isn’t the space to hold all the brands that come forward to Debenhams.
- In Sarah’s role it has helped her to network with other key partners and competitors in the industry, it’s great to be able to share ideas and experiences.